I am going to draw 10 designs, implement and evaluate them.
This design of my learning pathway has the aim of defining my learning pathway from the start of my diploma apprenticeship in the spring of 2015 until the accreditation, hopefully during spring/summer og 2017 and my event hopefully at Clive & Jukie´s place in Scotland during the late summer or early autumn og 2017. My learning pathway is based on permaculture ethics, principles and tools. All my designs are offshoots of my first design of Fejø Retreat from my PDC in 2009.
My tutor and main inspirator is Cathrine Dolleris, Orø and geoliv.dk.
I am in a supportive guild, we are 3 and we do skype sessions every 6 weeks and with one of the other guild members i do mentoring every 2 weeks, just half an hour, but it is a great help in order to keep on track and not feel lonely. I also follow the permaculture diploma group on Facebook, get a lot of inspiration there and hopefully English contacts.
I love to work alone, but I love it even more when participating in a synergetic group.
My VISION – my dream
I live at Fejø Retreat LAND Center till I die and I am buried here – by the cherry trees at the end of our land with the view of the hilly and meadowy land and the sea. that I love.
The Fejø Retreat design is implemented by 2029. A gift economy trust owns the land and inspiration is widely spread.
Guideline questions to Life Mission
(inspired direct from Cathrine Dolleris)
- What is my mission in life?
- What am I good at?
- What do I like doing?
- What is the world in most need of?
- Why am I moving in the direction I’m moving?
- What other options are available to me?
- What are my highest aims?
- What intentions do I set for myself?
- What do I want most for myself?
- What do I want most for the world?
- What is the most effective thing I can do with my time?
- Am I being the most help to the greatest number of beings over the longest time with theleast amount of effort?
- …and how do I be more so?
- Are my actions regenerative, degenerative or neutral?
- How can I make my neutral actions more regenerative and my degenerative actions moreneutral?
- What are my ethics?
- How can I continue to refine my ethics?
- In what ways can I more fully embody my ethics?
- How do I avoid compromising my ethics for my aims?
List of designs
As it looks now – medio September 2015 – I have 5 people based (P) and 5 land based (5)
- designing my learning pathway (P);
I have had my tutorial session. Design nr 1 is my learning pathway. Ready by end of Sept, ready for feedback on Oct 19th. My first outline is this:
- Redesign of Fejø Retreat LAND Center. In order to actually BE a LAND Center we need to show the implementation of permaculture ethics, elements and principles mores thoroughly than I did in my first design from 2009. Fruitful conversations with Mick based on Design Web have started. (L)
- Potato bed with seaweed mulch; the actual construction og the bed has started and I will use this + the learning pathway and the bouillon design as the first designs to get feed back from; plan to finish by end of June; the vision is a fully self-sustaining vegetable garden. Ready for presentation at end of Sept. 2015 in order to get feedback on Oct 19th.(L)
- Design of internal cooperation and communication strategy for Danish LAND Center network (P)
- Design of yurt (L)
- Design Lene Støvrings garden on Fejø. (L)
- Healing Garden functionality beds; we have the first sketch of the functionality beds, we are going to redo them ultimo May. (L)
- Design of integration of mindfulness and permaculture, amongst other things for future meditative garden weeks; I will base my work on the experience I got through the meditative garden week of 2015 during winter 2015/16, evaluate end restructure after meditative garden week summer 2016. (P)
- Information strategy for Healing Garden and Fejø Retreat LAND Center; we talked about this – briefly – at our board meeting in May; Design Web on the information strategy is evolving in coop with 2 board members. (P)
- Design of income for 2 people, who live here; this is big and I will be working on it during winter 2015/2016. Start thoughts come along with jam processing facility. (P)
others, that I want to look into:
- Design of Fejø – this idea came up on our Monday theme night on June 1st and we ran design web on the whole of Fejø on our theme night on the 8th of June.
- Design of gift economy system, monitoring and measuring; this is also big, I will include work on this in our “permaculture party nights”; (P)
- Design of People and Permaculture Course 2016; (P)
- Healing Garden medieval beds; this is a MUST DO during winter 2015/2016 – maybe just in combination with functionality beds
- Design of sustainable funeral
- Design of rainwater harvest and grey water use for Fejø Retreat
- Design of CO2 neutral energy system for Fejø Retreat
- design of “Permaculture Party Nights”, our internal education evenings
- Mulch toilet design for Healing Garden
- design of external educational activities, among other things the monday evenings in May, June, August and September plus the “USE GARDEN SATURDAYS”; I will be working on this while doing the EVS application
Ultimo April: Induction Event
Tutorial sesssion 1: Oct 19 th 2015.
My learning pathway outline is finally decided here and the potato bed design is finished, so I can get feed back on those two.
Tutorial sesssion 2: Jan 2016
1. st diploma assesment March 2016 (send portfolio 4 weeks before)
Tutorial sesssion 3: Oct 2016
Tutorial sesssion 4: Jan 2017
Final Assesment: April 2017
Presentation Event: During late summer of 2017 at Julie and Clive Brandon´s place in Scotland
Need to learn:
Train use of Design Web and SADIMET, OBREDIMET and others?
Read People and Permaculture
Courses and workshops, that I intend to to attend:
People and Permaculture, Peter Cow, Fejø Retreat Land Center April 2015
Jubilee and GA of Permaculture Denmark, May 2015; facilitate workshop of designing culture for Danish LAND Network
Visit Suderbyn October 2015
Annual meeting af Danish LAND Center, December 2015
My life plans and goals
My plan is to stay healthy, loose weight, and live here at Fejø Retreat LAND Center. I intend to simply and slowly implement the overall design of Fejø Retreat. I work with mindfulness and permaculture.
of the designs from Holmgren´s permaculture flower, the categories of areas in the diploma system, and main application. The permaculture flower covers the following areas: Building – Tools & technology – Education & culture – Health , spirituality and well being – Finances and economy – Land tenure & community governance – Land & nature stewardship
If you decide to use a Learning pathway as one of your portfolio designs, it needs to meet the same accreditation criteria as any other design, which includes the design process that you use
There is no restriction on the format that a Learning Pathway takes. Many people use the imagery of a path, map, or journey for their pathway, but please bear in mind the previous point about criteria, and in particular showing the design process that you have used to design your Learning Pathway.
Whilst a Learning Pathway is often suggested as the first design for you to undertake, it is perhaps not as straightforward as some other designs, as it will change, be modified, and revised as part of your progress through the Diploma process. It may be beneficial to choose a more simple design for your first project, and come back to the Learning Pathway after that. For those taking the Supported Route through the Diploma, this is something to discuss with your own tutor.
Last opdate 11.09. 2015, Anne Moloney